Saturday, August 9, 2008

Karen and Doug


I shot Karen and Doug's engagement photos back in March on a freezing cold and windy day at Voinovich Park. As I was waiting for them to arrive, I remember thinking it was going to be a tough session because it was so miserable outside. Hair would be flying all over the place and fingertips would get numb. I had never met Karen and Doug in person, so I wasn't sure how they would handle it. When I saw them approaching, they were all smiles. BIG SMILES. Suddenly, it seemed a little warmer out.

Karen wore a bright pinkish coat. It was such a stark contrast to the gloomy greys that I saw everywhere. I remember thinking at the time that it seemed to match her personality perfectly - vibrant, cheery, fun. Her and Doug's love for one another really came through in their pictures and their session was a big success. I knew their wedding was going to be full of fun times and they were going to be a wonderful couple to work with.

Karen and Doug were married on 8/8/08 at the Church of Holy Angels in Bainbridge. Their reception was at the Hawthorne Valley Country Club in Solon. It was a perfect day.





No comments: