Friday, January 23, 2009

Nuts and Bolts

Every now and again I have the opportunity to do commercial work. Sometimes product photography can be a little dry because I have to represent the product in a very "honest" way. There's little room for getting creative with lighting schemes and colors. However, sometimes I'm lucky enough to get my hands on a commercial project that has no such rules!

The Industrial Fasteners Institute (IFI) needed a cover photo for their Annual Report (and several other IFI publications) for their members. Once again, I had the wonderful task of taking it.

Since IFI is an association for manufacturers in the fastener industry, they provided me with some nuts and bolts for the cover. The cool part is these nuts and bolts aren't for sale, which means I can do whatever I want. Since IFI promotes American made fasteners, I figured I'd introduce a little RW&B to some of the images.

IFI-5513


IFI-5516



IFI-5543



IFI-5559



IFI-5626

No comments: